A. Restriction of Acceptance as Baggage
1. Peach will refuse to accept as Baggage:
a. items that do not constitute Baggage as defined in Article 1;
b. items that may endanger an aircraft or any person or property during International Carriage, such as those which are specified in the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and in Peach's Regulations;
c. items Carriage of which is prohibited by Applicable Laws, etc. of any state or country to be flown from, into or through, through which the Passenger transits;
d. items that Peach deems unsuitable for Carriage by reason of their weight, size, shape or character such as being fragile or perishable;
e. live animals; provided, however, that Peach may accept, free of charge, Carriage of a dog (i.e. guide dog, service dog or hearing-assistance dog; collectively called "Assistance Dog") that accompanies a Passenger with a physical disability to assist such passenger together with its cage and food within a Baggage allowance pursuant to Peach's Regulations. In this case, Peach shall not be liable for death of, or injury or illness suffered by such Assistance Dog that results from its inherent defect; or
f. firearms, swords and other similar items, except as otherwise provided in Peach's Regulations.
2. Peach may refuse Carriage of, and take any necessary step with respect to, items whose Carriage is prohibited by the preceding sub-paragraph 1 and may refuse onward Carriage of any such item upon discovery thereof.
3. Peach shall refuse to accept fragile or perishable items, money, jewellery, precious metals, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents, passports or other identification documents necessary for travel or samples as Checked Baggage.
4. Peach may refuse to carry Baggage as Checked Baggage in case it is not properly packed in a suitcase or other suitable container to ensure safe Carriage with ordinary care in handling.
5. Peach may accept to carry a musical instrument as Checked Baggage so long as it is properly packed in a suitcase or other suitable container to ensure safe Carriage with ordinary care in handling; provided, however, that Peach shall not be liable for any damage other than those caused due to negligence on the part of Peach.
6. If any item referred to in sub-paragraph 1 of this paragraph is carried, whether or not Carriage of such item as Baggage is prohibited, such Carriage shall be subject to the charges, limitations of liability and any other provision of these Conditions of Carriage applicable to Carriage of Baggage.
B. Inspection of Baggage, etc.
1. Peach may inspect the contents of Passenger's Baggage by opening his/her Baggage and/or by using some device in the presence of the Passenger concerned or a third person, whenever Peach deems it necessary to do so, for the purpose of safety or security of aircraft (including but not limited to the prevention of unlawful acts of seizure, exercise of control or destruction of aircraft) and/or for any other reason. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Peach may inspect the Passenger's Baggage in his/her or a third person's absence to check whether he/she is in possession of, or his/her Baggage contains, any item referred to in sub-paragraph 1 of paragraph A of this Article.
2. Peach may search Passenger's articles by touching the Passenger through his/her clothes and personal fittings or by using such instruments as a metal detector, whenever Peach deems it necessary to do so, for the purpose of preventing unlawful acts of seizure, exercise of control or destruction of aircraft.
3. When a Passenger fails to agree with Peach's inspection as specified in sub-paragraph 1 of this paragraph, Peach may refuse to carry such Passenger's baggage.
4. When a Passenger fails to agree with Peach's search as specified in sub-paragraph 2 of this paragraph, Peach may refuse to carry such Passenger.
5. When such prohibited articles as specified in sub-paragraph 1 of paragraph A of this Article are found as a result of such inspection or search as specified in sub-paragraph 1 or 2 of this paragraph, Peach may refuse to carry such baggage, or may make necessary disposal of such baggage.
C. Checked Baggage
1. Peach shall not, in principle, accept Carriage of Checked Baggage; provided, however, that in the case where a Passenger pays a Fare Including Ancillary Services for Carriage or pays a Baggage Charge prescribed in Peach's Regulations, or otherwise where specifically provided herein, Peach shall accept Carriage of Checked Baggage of such Passenger pursuant to Peach's Regulations, sub-paragraphs 2 through 6 of this paragraph and paragraphs E through J of this Article.
2. Nothing contained in these Conditions of Carriage shall entitle a Passenger to have his/her Baggage checked on a flight for a sector for which a Carrier does not accept checking of Baggage.
3. Unless otherwise provided in Peach's Regulations or Applicable Laws, etc., Peach will, upon presentation by a Passenger of a valid Ticket covering Carriage on the lines of Peach, or on the lines of Peach and one or more other Carriers, accept as Checked Baggage the Baggage that is tendered by the Passenger at the office designated, and by the time prescribed, by Peach in respect of Carriage on the lines designated on the Ticket; provided, however, that Peach shall not accept as Checked Baggage the Baggage tendered for Carriage:
a. beyond the Destination designated, or on any routing not designated, on the Ticket;
b. beyond a Stopover point, or beyond a point at which the Passenger transfers to a connecting flight departing from a different airport from that at which the Passenger is scheduled to arrive under the Ticket, unless otherwise provided for in Peach's Regulations;
c. beyond a point of transfer of the Baggage to any other Carrier with which Peach has no interline Baggage agreement or which has different conditions of Carriage of Baggage from Peach's;
d. for a sector for which the Passenger holds no reservation;
e. beyond a point at which the Passenger desires to resume possession of such Baggage or any portion thereof; or
f. for a sector for which the Passenger fails to pay all applicable charges.
4. Upon delivery to Peach of Baggage to be checked, Peach shall issue a Baggage Identification Tag for each piece of the Checked Baggage.
5. If Checked Baggage of a Passenger has no name, initial or other personal identification, the Passenger shall affix such identification to the Baggage prior to Peach's acceptance of the Checked Baggage.
6. Peach shall, to the reasonable extent possible, carry Checked Baggage of a Passenger coincidently with the Passenger on the aircraft which the Passenger boards; provided, however, that if Peach deems it difficult or impracticable, Peach may carry the Checked Baggage on any other flight in which such Baggage can be loaded within the maximum weight allowance or by any other transportation service.
D. Unchecked Baggage
1. Except articles specifically permitted by Peach to be carried into the cabin, Baggage that a Passenger may carry into the cabin shall be, besides one piece of the Passenger's personal belongings that the Passenger carries and retains as permitted by Peach's Regulations (the sum of the three dimensions of which shall not exceed 115 centimeters (45 inches)), one piece of article provided in Peach's Regulations that can be stowed in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin or under the seat in front of the Passenger, the sum of the three dimensions of which shall not exceed 115 centimeters (45 inches); provided, however, that the total weight of such articles shall not exceed 10 kilograms (22 pounds). A Passenger shall not carry into the cabin any Baggage that Peach deems cannot be stowed in safety in the cabin.
2. With respect to a musical instrument that Peach cannot accept as Checked Baggage pursuant to sub-paragraph 5 of paragraph A of this Article, a Passenger may only carry such article into a cabin as Unchecked Baggage pursuant to these Conditions of Carriage or other regulations upon prior request by such Passenger and with prior permission from Peach.
E. Baggage Allowance
1. The total Baggage allowance of Checked Baggage of each Passenger shall be as follows:
a. a Passenger who pays a Fare Including Ancillary Services for Carriage or pays a Baggage Charge prescribed in Peach's Regulations shall receive a Checked Baggage allowance of one piece of Baggage, the weight of which shall not exceed 20 kilograms (44 pounds); provided, however, that the sum of the three dimensions of the piece shall not exceed 203 centimeters (80 inches).
2. In the event that two or more Passengers travelling on the same flight check their Baggage at the same time to be carried by Peach to the same place, Peach may, notwithstanding sub-paragraph 1 of this paragraph E and upon those Passengers' request, provide them collectively with a Baggage allowance equal to the aggregated individual Baggage allowance in respect of the number and weight of such pieces.
3. A fully collapsible stroller/pushchair, carrying basket, and/or car seat for Infants or Child Passenger's use as well as a wheelchair for Passenger's use are accepted for free and are not included in the Baggage allowance.
F. Special Baggage Allowance
In addition to the Baggage allowance provided in the preceding paragraph E, Peach will carry as Baggage, without additional charge, a Passenger's personal belongings permitted by Peach's Regulations only when the Passenger carries and retains them.
G. Excess Baggage
1. Baggage in excess of the Baggage allowance set forth in sub-paragraph 1 of paragraph E of this Article shall be subject to the applicable excess Baggage charge provided in Peach's Regulations.
2. Unless otherwise agreed in advance with a Passenger, Peach may carry the Passenger's Baggage which is in excess of the applicable Baggage allowance on any other flight or by any other transportation service.
H. Declaration of Baggage the Value of Which Exceeds Limit of Liability and Excess Value Charges for International Carriage
1. In the case of International Carriage, a Passenger may declare a value of Baggage in excess of the liability limitation of Peach pursuant to sub-paragraph 4 of paragraph B of Article 18. In the event that such declaration is made, Carriage of the Baggage to be performed by Peach shall be subject to a charge at the rate of U.S.$0.50 for each U.S.$100 or any fraction thereof as excess value charges with respect to such excess value; provided, however, that the value of Baggage to be declared by one Passenger shall not exceed U.S.$2,500.
2. Unless otherwise provided in Peach's Regulations, a Passenger carrying his/her Baggage on an international flight may pay excess value charges at the place of departure for a travel to the Destination; provided, however, that, if a portion of the Carriage is performed by any other Carrier that applies different excess value charges from Peach, Peach may refuse to accept the declaration in the preceding sub-paragraph with respect to such portion.
I. Excess Baggage Charge or Excess Value Charge on Change of Flight or Cancellation
Any payment or refund of excess Baggage Charge or excess value charge to be made in the case of Change of Flight or cancellation of Carriage shall be subject to the provisions hereunder concerning payment of additional fare or refund of fare; provided, however, that Peach shall not make refund of excess value charge in the event that a portion of the Carriage has already been completed.
J. Collection and Delivery of Baggage
1. A Passenger shall claim and receive his/her Baggage as soon as it becomes ready to be collected at the Destination or Stopover point.
2. The bearer of the Baggage Identification Tag(s) issued to a Passenger when his/her Baggage is checked shall be exclusively entitled to accept delivery of such Baggage; provided, however, that a person who claims Baggage but fails to present a Baggage Identification Tag(s) may accept delivery of the Baggage if the Baggage is identified by other means. Peach shall not be obligated to ascertain that the bearer of a Baggage Identification Tag(s) is truly entitled to accept delivery of the Baggage. Peach shall not be liable for any damage arising out of or in connection with its failure to so ascertain.
3. If a person claiming Baggage is unable to receive Baggage pursuant to the preceding sub-paragraph 2, Peach will deliver the Baggage to such person only if he/she establishes to Peach's satisfaction that he/she is duly entitled to receive the Baggage and if such person shall, upon Peach's request, provide Peach with adequate security to indemnify Peach from any loss and damage to be incurred by Peach in connection with such delivery.
4. Peach may, unless precluded by Applicable Laws, etc. and if time and other circumstances permit, deliver Checked Baggage to the bearer of a Baggage Identification Tag(s) at the place of departure or unscheduled stopping place if he/she requests such delivery. In delivering Baggage at the place of departure or unscheduled stopping place, Peach will not refund any charges paid for such Baggage.
5. Acceptance by a Passenger of delivery of Checked Baggage or the Passenger's other belongings that Peach takes custody of without his/her written complaint at the time of the delivery shall constitute prima facie evidence that such Baggage and other articles have been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of Carriage.
6. If any Baggage is not accepted by Passenger within 7 days of arrival, Peach may dispose of such Baggage at its discretion. In this case, a Passenger who owns such Baggage shall bear any damages and expenses incurred in connection therewith.